Nam Tra My district of Quang Nam province is well known as the homeland of Ngoc Linh ginseng. However, it also produces Tra My cinnamon which has been growing there for hundreds of years.
- Extreme weather conditions resulting in a complex tide phenomenon, landslides and sea erosion are threatening coastal areas in central Bình Thuận Province, authority officials and local people have said.
- A 40sq.m beach and water area on Chàm Island will be restored and demarcated to protect and conserve the green turtle (Chelonia mydas) species.
- Saltwater has entered 35 kilometres up the Tiền River, one of the tributaries of the Mekong, in Tiền Giang Province, a local irrigation official said.
- The Vietnam Agency for Radiation and Nuclear Safety (Varans) said Vietnam and China have agreed to set up a channel to exchange information and cooperate in nuclear power technology.
- Vietnam energy development toward 2020
- Nearly 60 kilometres away from the centre of HCMC, Can Gio Mangrove has been recognised by UNESCO as a World Biosphere Reserve with primeval forests and abundant floral cover. It was also the sight of a number of glorious battles in the past.
- Sea desertification is a problem that is becoming more severe around the globe, including in Vietnam.
- VietNamNet Bridge - Collecting and treating waste in rural areas is a difficult task for local authorities, but dry anaerobic composting model may prove to be a good solution.
- Central Highlands provinces have planted 4,811 hectares of forests, including 101 hectares of protective forests, accounting for 59.4 percent and 24.2 percent of their plans.